[CUCBC Contacts] May Bumps 2018 Wednesday Results and Notes & Fines
conor at cucbc.org
Thu Jun 14 00:44:10 BST 2018
The results of today’s racing are available here: http://www.cucbc.org/mays
*Notes from the Umpires*
- Practise starts at the Plough should follow normal navigation - i.e.
you should cross at the Plough and do your start on the towpath side. This
is important as we often have other river traffic heading upstream between
- After bumping, coxes please take a moment to consider where you will
- Take a look behind you to see which side chasing crews are on
- Be decisive, once you've picked where you're going, give clear
instructions to achieve it as quickly as possible
- Clear to the most suitable part of the bank - this may not be the
closest part of the bank - sometimes it is worth going a bit
further to get
to a safer position, especially if you have space behind you.
- Clearing on top of another crew is very rarely that most suitable
part of the bank
- A cox has been disqualified and a penalty bump awarded against their
crew for rowing into a stationary boat at race pace. This is an extremely
dangerous thing to do and will be santioned accordingly.
- Once you have cleared, please keep your boat (and blades) under
control, and do not allow your bows or stern to drift into the racing line.
- Follow normal navigation when rowing home.
- Spectators may not run alongside racing crews - anyone doing so will
be counted as an extra cycling bank party and lead to fines for excessive
- An iSolem white bike light has been handed in at control, please
collect by Saturday if it is yours.
- ARU M1 - Hitting a stationary crew - £75
- ARU M1 - Hitting a stationary crew - Penalty bump awarded
- ARU M1 - Hitting a stationary crew - Cox removed from river for the
rest of the week
- Christ's - Failure to provide a marshal - £15
- Christ's W2 - Incompetent clearing - £50
- Clare M4 - Failure to clear - £25
- Corpus Christi - Failure to provide a marshal - £15
- Corpus Christi M3 - Pink socks, Maggie red shirts, and black shorts -
wash it all together and hope it turns Corpus red
- Emmanuel W2 - Early celebration - £20
- First & Third - Failure to provide a marshal - £15
- Fitzwilliam M2 - Stern drifting into racing line after clearing -
- Girton M2 - Slow to concede - £20
- Jesus - Failure to provide a marshal - £15
- Jesus M1 - Obstructing an umpire - £20
- Jesus M3 - Dangerous coxing, clipping stationary crew with blade - £30
- Lady Margaret - Failure to provide a marshal - £15
- M5 Division - Failure to row in club colours - International rules on
matching, official club kit apply tomorrow
- M5, W4 and M4 Divisions - Repeated Checkmates (sirens) - provide new
batteries for the sirens tomorrow (four D cells per megaphone please)
- Pembroke W1 - Dropped bung, no advantage - £15
- Selwyn M2 - Illegal standing start - £20
- Queens' W4 - Failure to row on upon being bumped - £15
- Trinity Hall W2 - Late to marshalling - £10
- Trinity Hall M4 - Negligent practise start on row home, almost
resulting in collision - £15
- Trinity Hall W4 - Late to hold it up - £20
- Wolfson M2 - Early celebration - £20
- Wolfson M2 - Late to hold it up - £20
All fines can be appealed by e-mailing Dan Wilkins, CUCBC Senior Treasurer (
seniortreasurer at cucbc.org), within 48 hours of this email being sent.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Contacts