[CUCBC Captains] QErgs 2020

Anna Feest af667 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Aug 16 15:57:31 BST 2020

Dear Captains,
We hope you are all well and looking forward to Michaelmas. By now you are probably thinking about returning to the river, and in particular, novices. A highlight of the novice term and the first big rowing-related competition of the year is QErgs, and we would like to give you a small update on our plans for this.
QErgs usually takes place halfway through Michaelmas, with over 900 competitors and around 1500 people in total. These numbers are difficult to manage in any normal year and this year is going to have its own special challenges. Right now, we are doing our best to look at all our options for running the event in order to make it safe, while still enjoyable. Our plans also need approval from Queens’ College, who as you can imagine have a lot to deal with at the moment. Whatever form the event takes, and whenever it happens, there will certainly be some changes, but we will let you know as soon as we can as to what these changes will be.
We want QErgs to happen and we will do whatever we can to ensure it does. Please bear with us while we are planning and preparing, and we will let you know as soon as possible what you can expect from QErgs 2020.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at qcbc-ergs at srcf.net
Best wishes,
Anna Feest
QErgs President 2020