[CUCBC Captains] Chisholm Trail bridge installation - river closures

Conor Burgess conor at cucbc.org
Wed Aug 12 12:00:33 BST 2020

Dear all,

* Captains: If your club is currently allowing single scullers or doubles out, or planning to allow fours/quads from the 15th, please pass this message on to them. *

The delayed works are now due to commence tomorrow (Thursday 13th August).

Please see the Cam Conservators calendar (perhaps best viewed in this Google Calendar format <https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=camconservancy@gmail.com&ctz=Europe/London&mode=Week>) for an easy to follow breakdown of the closures. The full closures will completely obstruct the full width of the river, whilst the restricted navigation outside of these times have notes detailing the navigable width of the river (minimum 9m, which I believe should be just enough to squeeze a sweep boat through, though one way at a time of course - so please take care and be courteous).

The towpath will remain open throughout.

Best wishes,
Conor