[CUCBC Coxes] Monday 23rd - Coxing 'seminar'

Robert Nimmo robert at cucbc.org
Tue Jan 24 10:14:00 GMT 2017

Dear coxes list,

As promised, the three sets of slides from yesterday evening should be
attached.

Esther can be contacted at esther.momcilovic at gmail.com
James can be contacted at james.tidy at googlemail.com
I can be contacted at robert at cucbc.org (or, you know, hit reply!)

James will send round the list of recordings discussed in a few days when
he's had a chance to collate them. Feel free to contact any of us about
town clubs. We'll all (try and) provide a relatively unbiassed assessment
of which clubs might suit your preferences.

I hope last night was at least some use to some of you. As I said at the
start, this is something of an experiment as a way of providing a bit more
support to coxes in Cambridge. If it was useful, I'd like to see it as
something which could be run once or twice a term, but I don't believe for
an moment that we've hit on the ideal format at the first attempt. Please
do get in touch if you have any feelings about aspects which were useful,
aspects which could be done better, and aspects which were just a waste of
everyone's time. If you'd like it run again, what would you like discussed
then? Did the questions/chat format for the second half work? Would it be
easier in smaller groups? Are we a bunch of pretentious windbags in love
with the sound of our own voices? (Probably yes - we wouldn't still be
coxing if at some level we didn't like talking...) We all would like to see
the general standard of coxing improved in Cambridge by any means
practical, so we really won't take offence at critical feedback.

See you on the river, and all the best this term,

Robert