[CUCBC Coxes] Umpiring May Bumps

Dan Wilkins dan at cucbc.org
Thu May 31 13:19:52 BST 2012

*Please pass this message on to anyone in your club who may be interested in
umpiring*

Many thanks to those of you who have signed up to umpire the May Bumps
(13-16 June). We're still looking for a few more people to help out to
ensure this year's races run smoothly, so please do consider signing up.

Umpiring is a really fun way to get involved in the Bumps - you get to see
and be involved in the action from up close on the towpath, either cycling
along with the crews or acting as a static umpire at key points on the
course. In addition to this, you will get a free dinner, in May Week, and
umpiring will reduce the number of marshals that your club needs to provide.

To help out, you don't need to have umpired before although we do ask that
you have rowed or coxed in at least 2 sets of Bumps in the past. There will
be a meeting for all umpires where we will explain everything and those that
have not umpired before will be paired with a 'senior' during the races.

If you would like to help out, please sign up at

http://www.cucbc.org/mays/umpires/signup

indicating which divisions you are available for (the times of the divisions
are listed at http://www.cucbc.org/mays/times).

You can both compete and umpire (although obviously don't sign up to umpire
a division you're competing in!)

If you have any questions, please get in touch.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dan

--

Dan Wilkins