[CUCBC Coxes] The last week of term...

Mark Stringer coxing at cucbc.org
Sun Nov 30 14:18:59 GMT 2008

Guys,

The end of term is rapidly approaching, which means fairbairns is coming up
soon.  Inevitably, there are going to be loads of crews out in the mornings,
so please be especially cautious, particularly downstream of Ditton.  It
goes without saying that under NO circumstances should you be overtaking on
a corner.  Even if you are one of the top senior eights and there is a slow
novice boat ahead of you, don't steam past them on a corner - take it down
and wait till it is safe to overtake.  I accept it is particularly
frustrating if you have to slow down when you are trying to get racing
pieces in, but if you collide into another boat at full speed, it is going
to be unpleasant.

The other point I wanted to make is that the weather forecast is pretty wet
and cold for the whole week, so once again make sure that you have enough
warm clothes AND waterproofs.

Mark

CUCBC Coxing Rep