[CUCBC Contacts] Lent Bumps 2016 - Thursday's Results, Notes and Fines
kate at cucbc.org
Thu Feb 25 22:16:01 GMT 2016
Thank you everyone for another exciting day of racing. Today's results can
be found here <http://www.cucbc.org/lents>.
*Notes from the Umpires*
- There have been more cycling injuries than rowing injuries so far.
Cyclists must pay attention to where they are going and ensure bikes are
road-worthy (especially brakes)
- Bumped crews should keep rowing making sure to leave enough space
behind them for the bumping crew to clear.
- Bumped-out crews' bank parties should clear the towpath for oncoming
cyclists/umpires accompanying crews lower in the division.
- Umpires will strictly enforce excessive-bank-party fines. Official
bank party members are responsible for requesting hangers-on to desist to
the extent possible
- Caius W1 – Winding down upon being bumped - £30
- Churchill W2 - Excessive bank party - £30
- Clare M1 - Rowing into a stationary crew - £75
- Downing M1 - Forgot bung (no advantage) - £15
- Hughes Hall M2 - Failure to clear - £30
- Jesus - Failure to provide a marshal (first offence) - £15
- Jesus W1 - Excessive bank party - £30
- Lady Margaret M3 - Dropped bung, small advantage - £20
- St Edmund's M1 - Failure to easy upon bumping - £40
- Sidney Sussex - Failure to provide a marshal (first offence) - £15
- Sidney Sussex M2 - Excessive greenery - race in a wooden hull
fashioned from the branches for the remainder of the week
- Trinity - Failure to provide a marshal (first offence) - £15
- Trinity M3 - Failure to clear and celebrating before clearing - £50
- Trinity Hall M3 - Late concession - £30
All fines can be appealed by e-mailing Dan Wilkins, CUCBC Senior Treasurer (
seniortreasurer at cucbc.org
within 48 hours of this email being sent.
CUCBC Executive Committee
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Contacts