[CUCBC Contacts] Yellow Flag

flag at cucbc.org flag at cucbc.org
Sun Nov 4 21:32:00 GMT 2012

Dear all,

**********EMMA SPRINTS**********

Emma Sprints 2012 is taking place on Sunday 18th November. Entries are now
open until 14th November. Forms and additional information are attached.
The website is currently offline for editing but will go online in the next
day or two. Further information will be available there including the draw
etc in the run up to race. The link is as follows:

http://ebc.soc.srcf.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=56

Get keen as this is the first race of the Novice calendar and a great
introduction to racing!!

We anticipate a good turnout and with the standard fancy dress, doughnuts,
and exciting racing, this event is not to be missed! Division winners will
receive free tickets to the Emma cocktails. I'll be getting the draw on the
website as soon as possible after the deadline, where results will also be
updated live as the event unfolds.

Standard safety rules apply: heel restraints in place, life jackets for
coxes, and correctly fitted bow balls, and we reserve the right to turn
away any crew we deem 'unsafe'.

If anyone would like any further information, or would like to organise a
senior row through please contact me on njsc2 at cam.ac.uk. Row throughs are
limited as we will be quite tight on time and will be offered on a first
come first serve basis.

**********EMMA COCKTAILS**********

Why not join us for a sophisticated black-tie (or Blazers) evening offering
you an array of free-flowing cocktails, jazz and the company of the
brilliant boaties of Cambridge?

Emma Cocktails is a MUST and kicks off in Upper Hall at Emmanuel College at
8pm on Sunday the 18th of November, following Emma Sprints, ending at
midnight.

Tickets are ONLY £9 for the evening of entertainment and all your drinks
included! Free tickets are also presented to both the men and women winning
teams of Emma Sprints - so good luck to all the novices, we look forward to
seeing you there! Seniors are also warmly welcome.

Tickets can be purchased with race entries or via Joe Greener
(jg563 at cam.ac.uk). Send cheques made payable to *EMMANUEL BOAT CLUB* to Joe
Greener at Emmanuel college, stating your name, college and crsid on the
back of the cheque. There is a limited number of tickets so get on this
ASAP so catch them while you can!!

Regards,
Nick
EBC Vice Captain