[CUCBC Contacts] Important: Emma Sprints Cancellation

Adam Gillett arg48 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Nov 22 14:09:12 GMT 2009

Extremely sorry, but we've had to cancel emma sprints due to dangerous
weather conditions.
I am gutted to have to do this (not least because the regatta was
actually running well and ahead of schedule), but it got to the point
where it was far too windy for races, marshalling and spinning to happen
safely.  There were several crashes into crews and banks, and the risk
of a serious accident was too high to continue.

We will not cash the cheques for boats in divisions 2, 3 and 4.

Cocktails is still on tonight in Emma, Upper Hall at 8pm.  There will be
tickets available on the door.  Unlimited cocktails and entry into a
prize charity raffle.