[CUCBC Contacts] River conditions this morning

Thomas Walton cuwbc at cucbc.org
Tue Feb 10 08:32:34 GMT 2009

Dear all,

I apologise for the late change of flag this morning.  The stream
worsened noticeably between my check of the river at 6:15 and lighting
down, and it became unsafe for the volume of crews intending to boat
in the early-morning period, as I told many crews in person.  The wind
has now dropped, although the stream is fairly fast and the river is
high at the boathouses, so I have changed the flag to yellow to give
the best crews the ability to go out.  However, I advise that only
very competent first eights should consider boating in this stream; it
is boating and landing that are the problems.

Regards,

Thomas
CUCBC Secretary