[CUCBC Captains] May Bumps Entries Open

David O'Loughlin davidoloughlin at cucbc.org
Tue May 16 08:35:56 BST 2023

Dear Captains,

I hope you are all doing well!

We are happy to announce that entries for May Bumps are now Open, the Entry
Deadline is Sunday 28th May 2023 - 22:00.

The cost of entry is £50 per boat. Those that row the GoR but fail to get
on will have that reduced to £25.

Please carefully read the eligibility rules for Bumps (General | CUCBC
<http://cucbc.org/handbook/racing/general> and Lent and May Races | CUCBC
<http://cucbc.org/handbook/racing/bumps>). For example:

- Those with 1st boat colours may not row/steer any lower than the third
division/third boat, whichever is lower (NB: those who have rowed and coxed
are considered separately for rowing and coxing).

- Those with University colours (including reserves) may not row/steer
lower than the third boat.

Also please recall that all crews wishing to enter Bumps *must* have
completed 12 outings of 60 minutes or longer by the first day of Bumps
(outings on weekdays after 9am count as 1.5). We will be asking for
12-outing declarations in due course.

The pre-Bumps briefings will take place on the evening of Sunday 11th June,
location TBC. Please make sure all coxes - in particular those coxes that
have not rowed Bumps before - keep this evening available, else they will
not be allowed to compete. Those which have rowed Bumps before may send a
competent representative in their stead if they are unavailable.

Best wishes,

David

CUCBC Exec Committee