[CUCBC Captains] [CUCBC] ***Messages for passing on to all crews***

Catrin Darsley cat at cucbc.org
Tue Jan 17 17:17:45 GMT 2023

Dear Captains,

Please ensure that all your coxes, crews and coaches are aware of the
following:

1. Lights are required on all boats out within 15 minutes of lighting down.
Even if you weren't aware and didn't think this applied to you.
2. Lights must be white, and not flashing. Simple.
3. Lights should not be a massive, blinding lighthouse attached to the
cox's back. This is unhelpful.
4. When it is minus many degrees, maybe consider how hosing a boat down
will lead to an ice sheet.

There were clubs named for each of these but redacted... for now. Watch
this space in case of repeat offending - there will be fines levied. If
you're in any doubt, check here <http://www.cucbc.org/lighting>

Also! Welfare Officer training message from the Sports Centre:

> *Welfare Officer Training *The training, Essential Skills for Supporting
> Students, is delivered by the Students' Unions' Advice Service and provides
> attendees with tools to support their role as a Welfare Officer.
> This is an important role in club committees, and training is provided
> free of charge. We want to ensure that Officers are equipped as well as
> possible to deal with any issues that may arise in their club.
>
> *The Welfare at Sport
> <https://www.sport.cam.ac.uk/files/welfaresport_2020_v3.1_new_brand.pdf> guides
> also details where Welfare Officers can look to for support, including
> through the Sports Service. Contact us on welfare at sport.cam.ac.uk
> <welfare at sport.cam.ac.uk> if you need support or have concerns within your
> club. *
> *The next training sessions will take place online on:*§
> *Monday 23rd January, 5-8PM*If you need to cancel your place, please
> email us at bucs at sport.cam.ac.uk with as much notice as possible.
>
> Book your place here: https://www.sport.cam.ac.uk/sports-club-training

All the best (and hoping this reaches you or else who will appreciate my
sarcasm)
Cat

-------
Cat Darsley (she/her)