[CUCBC Captains] X-Press Head Race - Saturday 4th June 2022

Conor Burgess conor at cucbc.org
Fri May 27 12:04:27 BST 2022

Dear all,

Please see below from Richard - apologies if you’ve received this already, but there seems to be some issue with delivering Richard’s email to the Captains list.

Conor

Dear all,
The X-Press Boat Club Head Race will take place on Saturday 4th June 2022,
with divisions starting at 12pm.  After feedback from last year, we have
arranged for two day bank holiday prior to race so that crews can prepare!

The race is ideal preparation for the bumps, as it offers crews the chance
to row the uninterrupted "course" (which will be upstream of the A14
bridge, to the metal seat near the bus stop at the P&E, approximately
2,100m).   We expect that most entries will be in eights, but we will also
accept entries from coxed fours:

   - Men’s and Women’s crews – Bumps divisions 1st, 2nd, 3rd and lower
   categories.
   - Mixed and masters categories.
   - A club which enters at least one Men’s and one Women’s crew will be
   eligible to compete for the John Dent Trophy, awarded to the club with the
   best two-boat combined time.
   - Medals for the best line around Grassy Corner.
   - Complimentary racing photos.

Entry fee £80 for eights and £40 for fours.

See here for further details and entries
<https://www.xpressbc.org.uk/races-we-run/x-press-head/ <https://www.xpressbc.org.uk/races-we-run/x-press-head/>>.

Richard Doman