[CUCBC Captains] Donation of Lent Bumps Fines to Ukraine

Dan Wilkins dan at cucbc.org
Fri Mar 11 05:17:37 GMT 2022

Dear Captains, Boatmen and the Cambridge Rowing Community

Following several suggestions from captins, boatmen and committee members, the CUCBC committees made the decision to donate all proceeds from fines levied during the Lent Bumps to support those affected by the conflict in Ukraine.

After all appeals were processed, a total of £2670 was levied in fines. This money has been split between four charitable funds, and £667.50 has been donated on behalf of the Cambridge rowing community to each of:

The British Red Cross Ukraine Appeal
https://donate.redcross.org.uk/appeal/ukraine-crisis-appeal <https://donate.redcross.org.uk/appeal/ukraine-crisis-appeal>

The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Ukraine Emergency Fund
https://www.unrefugees.org.uk/where-help-is-needed/ukraine-situation/ <https://www.unrefugees.org.uk/where-help-is-needed/ukraine-situation/>

The Council of At-Risk Academics
https://www.cara.ngo/ <https://www.cara.ngo/>

The University of Cambridge Ukrainian Conflict Student Hardship Fund
https://www.philanthropy.cam.ac.uk/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=4072 <https://www.philanthropy.cam.ac.uk/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=4072>

We extend our thanks to those members of our community who kindly agreed to match these donations, and we encourage all those who wish to help to consider making their own donations.

With best wishes

Dr Dan Wilkins
Senior Treasurer
Cambridge University Combined Boat Clubs