[CUCBC Captains] Fwd: CamCons Fee Consultation

Francis Treherne Pollock fht22 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 24 16:34:00 GMT 2022

Hi all,

John Martin is one of the two camcons observers.

He is suggesting we could lobby the two conservators appointed by the university:
Mr Steven  Morris (Magdalene)
Mr Giles Greenfield (Darwin)

Would you guys be in support of this?

How should we go forward?

Best
Francis
Lmbc men

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Martin <jwmartin4156 at gmail.com>
Date: 24 January 2022 at 16:29:14 GMT
To: Francis Treherne Pollock <fht22 at cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: CamCons Fee Consultation

Hi Francis

I hope your meeting went well.

I thought I would make you aware of something that you may not know and which you and your fellow captains
may want to take action over.

There are  13 Conservators who vote at their quarterly meetings, there being one such meeting this coming Thursday.
Three of the Conservators are appointed by the University although at present there are only two with one vacancy.

The two Conservators are:
Mr Steven  Morris (Magdalene)
Mr Giles Greenfield (Darwin)

You may wish to consider whether lobbying them and point out the unfairness of the proposed licence fees increases
it could have an impact on the decision on Thursday.

Remember if they vote in favour of the increases, a simple majority, there is no way back and the increases will come into effect as from 1st April 2022
This is the last chance to do something.

If you wish to discuss this further, please give me a call.

John Martin