[CUCBC Captains] CUBC Development Squad - Men's

Alister Taylor alister at cubc.org.uk
Tue Feb 1 14:04:28 GMT 2022

Good afternoon All,

An e-mail below from CUBC's Assistant Coach, Bill Lucas regarding the men's
Dev Squad which will recommence on Feb 8th and support college athletes
throughout Lent and into Mays. A number of athletes have already attended
women's dev squad sessions - if you require more infor, please contact
Autumn (autumn @ cubc.org.uk) or me.

Dear all,

I hope you all had a good Christmas and are now settled back into your
university routine, we’re are again planning land sessions at Goldie
through the Lent term, after the introductory sessions last term where the
foundation of our technical model was laid I hope you have had a chance to
work on these areas in your college programs and I am looking forward to
seeing the progress. We want to use this term to build in some effective
training and to get an idea of where your current level lies. To that end
weekly sessions will alternate between a steady state UT2 ergo and a
hard/test session the following week.

We will make sure that as you build into bumps with your colleges the hard
session will be pulled- this will allow you to do all your intensity as
prep work in the boat. I would ask that those of you who have heart rate
monitors bring them to the sessions, this will allow us to provide guidance
on your training zones.

Sessions plan are below

*February*

Tuesday 8th 2x 25’ ut2 90s rest

Tuesday 15th 4 x 5’ r24, 26, 26, 28

Tuesday 22nd 2x 25’ ut2 90s rest

*March*

Tuesday 8th 2x 25’ ut2 90s rest

Tuesday 15th 2k open rate

Please note the days for the dev squad have moved to Tuesday s to fit
around the cubc programme and the sessions have been extended to 60’. This
allows for a good warm up and then the main part of the training program.

Please use the sign up sheet below for one of the two groups.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eo68vTu3kuh2xKEeqi7VECehH5lRcXUgcvCsIx9Lc9Q/edit?usp=sharing

Bill

Men's Assistant Coach

Cambridge University Boat Club,

The Goldie Boathouse

Kimberley Road

Cambridge

CB4 1HJ

T: 07929 610 987

E: Bill at cubc.org.uk

Alister Taylor
Executive Secretary

Cambridge University Boat Club
The Goldie Boathouse
Kimberley Road
Cambridge
CB4 1HG

T: +44 (0) 1223 354 258
M: +44 (0) 754 107 6905
Working days: Monday-Friday

CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY BOAT CLUB IS A COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE AND
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND NUMBER 09729310

IT IS A CHARITY EXEMPT FROM REGISTRATION BY VIRTUE OF THE CHARITIES ACT
2011 SCHEDULE 3
ᐧ