[CUCBC Captains] QErgs - entries, registration and t-shirts

Anna Feest af667 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 27 20:56:25 BST 2021

Dear Captains,

We have decided to extend the deadline for entries to QErgs until Sunday 31st October at 12pm - we've already got lots of entries, but we know there are still more to come! We also really encourage entering more than two novice crews if you can and want to, there is quite a high chance of being successful in the ballot for places and that means more of your crews and novices competing.

Similarly, please keep entering senior crews! (All colleges are guaranteed a senior crew as well as an NM1 and NW1 crew.) If you have any questions about the limits on who can compete (or are struggling to make a crew up) please let us know, we can work out how to make it work for you.

A provisional draw will be published at the start of next week. Please ask your lower boat captains to check it carefully and let us know as soon as possible of any clashes or issues. We will inform any crews who have not been successful in the ballot - otherwise, please assume that all of your crews are competing. A final draw will be published on Friday 5th November.

Registration and t-shirts are a bit different this year - we are asking that captains bring a printed and signed registration form (which can be found on our website) to the QCBC boathouse where they will be able to pick up t-shirts. One person may come from each college and bring forms/pick up t-shirts for all crews from that college. You may also buy extra t-shirts if you wish - we have some spares which will be sold on a first come first serve basis. Please note that all competitors must be wearing their t-shirt to compete, but equally please remind novices to have lots of layers underneath as the event is outside!

To do this, please come to the QCBC boathouse between 12pm and 5pm on Thursday 4th November or between 2:30pm and 6pm on Friday 6th November. Come up the stairs outside the boathouse and someone will be in our coaching rooms straight ahead of you to take your forms and give you the right number of t-shirts.

We look forward to seeing more entries, and to seeing all of you on the 7th!

Best,
Anna Feest