[CUCBC Captains] Umpiring Eights Regatta

Conor Burgess conor at cucbc.org
Sun May 23 01:05:56 BST 2021

*Captains please forward this message to the relevant people in your clubs*

Dear all,

The Umpiring Sign Up for Eights Regatta is now open. Umpiring is a great way to get involved in the racing and you get the chance to be right at the centre of the action - either by cycling along with the crews or acting as a static umpire along the course.

Everyone who volunteers for umpiring before Friday 4th June will count towards their college's marshal allocation (if you sign up after this, please drop me an email!).

You don't need to have umpired before; there will be a briefing for all umpires ahead of racing where we will explain everything and answer any questions you may have. However, we do ask that you have either:
Helped to organise / umpire / marshal a race on the Cam before
OR rowed or coxed in at least 2 sets of bumps before
OR rowed or coxed in at least two side-by-side regattas before.

Please remember that you can both compete and umpire. We suggest you leave one umpiring slot clear before your race and one after to allow you to get to and from the boathouses. The provisional division times are available here: http://www.cucbc.org/eightsregatta/times <http://www.cucbc.org/eightsregatta/times> (GoR here: http://www.cucbc.org/eightsregatta/gor <http://www.cucbc.org/eightsregatta/gor>)

The umpires briefing will be on Zoom, likely 12th / 13th June. It'll last about half an hour, and I’ll endeavour to distribute a first draft of the umpiring rota before the meeting.

You can sign up here: https://www.cucbc.org/eightsregatta/umpires/signup <https://www.cucbc.org/eightsregatta/umpires/signup>

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at conor at cucbc.org

Many thanks,
Conor