[CUCBC Captains] June Eights' Regatta- Entries, Timings, Umpires, Minutes.

Limeng Zhu limeng at cucbc.org
Wed May 19 13:18:23 BST 2021

Dear Captains,
Long email with various pertinent information, please bear with.

*Entries*
Entries for the June Eight's Regatta are now open, and will close at *2200,
4th June 2021. *
Please submit your entries via your CUCBC captain's portal on the website;
under "Regatta Entries".

*Getting on race*
These are the confirmed division timings for the getting on race, save for
everyone wanting one division over another (which we may adjust timings to
accommodate).  Marshalling is staggered to facilitate spinning:

Div 1: Novices Marshal 12:40pm, Seniors Marshal 12:50pm , First crew racing
1:00pm
Div 2: Novices Marshal 2:10pm, Seniors Marshal 2:20pm , First crew racing
2:30pm
Div 3: Novices Marshal 3:40pm, Seniors Marshal 3:50pm , First crew racing
4:00pm
Div 4: Novices Marshal 5:10pm, Seniors Marshal 5:20pm , First crew racing
5:30pm

To accommodate for people preparing for exams on Monday, I've created this
form for captains to express a desire for one division over another
for exam/timetable issues. It isn't a promise, but we will try our best:
https://forms.gle/Tj1rHRefZUiesSyg9
We risk delays and disappointment if everyone chooses one division for the
Getting-on Race, so use this as a last resort.

*Regatta*
We will have more information regarding regatta divisions once entries
close on the 4th. Below however is the *provisional timetable (Subject to
change).*
We will circulate and publish this once a confirmed schedule is available
(after close of entries).

DIVISION

MARSHAL TIME

RACE TIME

1 (NMx)

12:45 (At start)

1300-1330

2 (NW2)

13:15

1345-1415

3 (NM2)

14:00

1430-1500

4 (NW1)

14:45

1515-1545

5 (NM1)

15:30

1600-1630

6 (SMx)

16:15

1645-1715

7 (SW2)

17:00

1730-1800

8 (SM2)

17:45

1815-1845

9 (SW1)

18:30

1900-1930

10 (SM)

19:15

1945-2015

Confirmed information will be published on the CUCBC webpage:
http://www.cucbc.org/handbook/racing/eightsregatta

*Umpiring*
An email about umpires will be sent out later. In short: *Please Sign Up*,
and please encourage any members with sufficient experience to sign up!
Same things apply: more umpires means fewer marshals, too few umpires means
less races.

*Minutes*
Also, please consider the minutes I sent on Monday to be final, as there
were no edits sent in.

Kind regards,
Lee

Limeng Zhu