[CUCBC Captains] Head of the Cam 2021

Conor Burgess conor at cucbc.org
Sun Apr 11 23:00:08 BST 2021

Dear all,

I hope those of you who are in Cambridge are enjoying being back on the water.

Taking off my CUCBC hat for a minute, and putting on my Chesterton Club Captain hat, I’m pleased to confirm that barring any sudden Government U-turns, Chesterton Rowing Club will be running Head of the Cam on 24th April 2021.

Entries are open to all crews based in Cambridge, with all boat classes accepted. The cost of entry is £8 per seat (coxes go free), and should Covid force a cancellation, all crews will receive a full refund. Should any individual crew have to withdraw due to someone in the crew testing positive or being required to self isolate, that crew will also be eligible for a full refund.

Ordinarily we would offer college categories based on Mays divisions and such, but that’s not going to be very useful this year. Instead, please give some indication of the experience of any crews you would like to enter, and we’ll do our best to put together some sensible categories after entries close. If you’re entering smaller boats, e.g. pairs, doubles singles etc. please give an indication of the crew’s experience in that boat class.

Should you wish to double up any individuals or share equipment between crews, we ask that you please request for the crews in question to be separated by at least one division (e.g. divisions one and three, two and four, or one and four), such that you will definitely have enough time to follow BR Covid Guidance as regards cleaning equipment etc.

More details, including other Covid precautions, are available on the website: https://www.chestertonrowingclub.org/head-of-the-cam

To enter, please drop William Connolley an email at headofthecam at gmail.com

Best wishes,
Conor