[CUCBC Captains] Small Boats Regatta 2019

Matthew Temple matthew at cucbc.org
Thu Apr 4 15:22:22 BST 2019

Dear all,

A reminder that the deadline for entries to this year's Small Boats
Regatta
is next Wednesday, 10th April at 23:45.

Captains - please forward the message below to all in your clubs who
might
be interested in competing.

Best wishes,
Matthew

On 2019-03-14 17:52, Matthew Temple wrote:
Dear all,

Entries for SBR 2019 are now open, with races to take place in the
afternoon/evenings of Monday 22nd April to Wednesday 24th April.
I would like to avoid racing on Monday 22nd due to the bank holiday,
but if we have lots of entries we may need to use all three afternoons.

Entries should be made via captains using the CUCBC website
(https://www.cucbc.org/regatta/enter). Information for each event,
including eligibility criteria, is available online here:
http://www.cucbc.org/handbook/racing/sbr. We can normally accommodate
competitors who want to enter 2 events, but please note that 3 or more
events for a single competitor is unlikely to be possible.

Please note that, following a consultation in Michealmas and a vote in
the Lent term captains' meeting, there are a few changes to the rules
this year:
1. The Bushe-Fox Freshman's sculls will not be offered
2. Blues, Half-blues, Goldie/Blondie colours and Trial caps are no
longer
allowed to enter the Fairbairn Junior Sculls. Triallists should instead
be entering the Delafield or Colquhoun Sculls - with the aim of
encouraging
more college athletes to enter the Fairbairn sculls.
3. University medals (and Michell cup points) will only be awarded to
the winners of the Novice Sculls, Fairbairn Junior Sculls or
Foster-Fairbairn Pairs if there are four or more entrants in their
category.

This year, LMBC have agreed to transfer the organisation and running of
the Colquhoun Sculls to CUCBC, so we will be offering that as part of
SBR.
Given that there won't be a captain's meeting between now and the SBR,
if
any captains have any objections to this, please let me know via email.

The deadline for entries to the SBR, including payment, is Wednesday
10th
April at 23:45. Entry Fees are £6 for the Peter Brandt and Maiden
Sculls, £10 for all other single scull races and £16 per double or
pair. Entry fees can be paid by bank transfer only (Account name:
Cambridge University Combined Boat Club; Account number: 00008487;
Sort code: 72-00-06). Please use a sensible payment reference that
will allow us to match your payment to your college/entry.

Please note that competing crews will be expected to provide marshals
(via their clubs) to ensure the smooth and safe running of races.
Failure to provide marshals as required will result in the automatic
scratching/disqualification of the relevant competing crew. More
specific details will be available once we have a list of entries and
are able to put together a racing timetable.

Best wishes,
Matthew

--
Matthew Temple