[CUCBC Captains] Fairbairn Cup 2018 - Thursday Weather Forecast

Amir Akbari - Fairbairn Cup Secretary 2018 jcbc-fairbairns at jesus.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 28 19:04:46 GMT 2018

Dear all,

I am writing to confirm that we are planning to go ahead with racing
tomorrow, pending a full inspection of the course tomorrow morning.

As mentioned in my previous email, please ensure that the novices have
sufficient layers for marshalling before and after the race. The weather
is forecast to be wet as well as windy particularly for the first
division of the day.

If we see any crews during marshalling that look unable to complete the
course safely we will have to pull them from the race. We envisage
marshalling to be the most difficult as crews will be blown when
stationary so ask that you brief your novice crews of the situation,
reminding them to stay alert and focused.

During the day we will continue to assess the situation and racing will
be stopped if it becomes dangerous to continue.

We wish all crews the best of luck with their races tomorrow and Friday.
You can collect your race numbers from Jesus Boathouse from 07:30am
onward.

Regards,
Amir

--