[CUCBC Captains] The Downing Eliminator

A.P. Fellows apf36 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 25 18:53:32 BST 2017

Dear Captains,

I would like to introduce the Downing Eliminator.

The Downing Eliminator is an indoor rowing competition where, in races
of 8 competitors, the one who has covered the least distance is
eliminated every 30 seconds. After each 30 seconds the distances are all
reset and the next 30 seconds begins instantly. This process repeats
until only 1 competitor remains...

More information on the knock-out nature of the competition between
rounds as well as all other info can be found on our website:

https://downingboatclub.co.uk/the-downing-eliminator

Not only is this an individual competition, but a team one too. Medals
will be awarded to the top VIII of the winning college as well as
individual winners so make sure you enter at least 8 from each gender to
be entered in the inter-college competition!

The competition is open for all Cambridge colleges and their affiliated
students as well our counterparts in O****d so let's not let 'the other
lot' walk away as champions... Entries before 1st December will come
with a free t-shirt for the event so get signing up!

--
Alex Fellows
Captain of Boats
apf36 at cam.ac.uk