[CUCBC Captains] Emma Sprints - Entry and Row Throughs

Tom Roe ebcvice at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 23:03:04 BST 2016

Dear Captains,

As minuted at the last Captains' meeting, no candidate had approached me or
the former Hon. Sec. at the appropriate time or later, so the Committee has
been operating without an Hon. Sec.  since the start of this academic year,
which cannot continue. The relevent rule specifies that "Any member of the
College Boat Clubs in statu pupillari" is eligible, and that the Hon. Sec.
is to be "elected annually by single vote at the May Bumps Captains'
meeting."

Happily, a good candidate has now come forward. This is Mr Charles Prior, a
second-year undergraduate at St John's College reading maths., and a member
of LMBC.

Since all the deadlines for election are passed, I propose with your
consent, tacit or otherwise, to co-opt him into the role and to regularise
the election at the next Captains' meeting. There is no need to respond to
this email unless you have serious objection, in which case contact me
urgently please. The co-option will otherwise take effect at midnight on
Thursday this week.

The committee will still need further volunteers, so can I continue to
encourage people to come forward.

With my best wishes,
David Munday,
Chair CUCBC.

--
Dr David Munday,
Chairman, Cambridge University Combined Boat Clubs