[CUCBC Captains] CCRC Big Weekend - Entry Deadline

CCRC Events eventsccrc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 07:15:20 BST 2016

Dear all,

Sunday 29th May sees our annual 'Cambridge Nines' Spring Regatta.

This ca. 1000m side-by-side race up the Long Reach is an enjoyable afternoon of racing in 8s, and the perfect preparation for May bumps. Come and practise those racing starts and size up the opposition in your division.

The regatta is a plate competition, meaning everyone will get at least two races. We'll run divisions back-to-back, so your racing should be complete in about 2.5 hours.* Pots will be awarded to the winning crews at the Cambridge '99 RC boathouse later in the afternoon, and the club fielding the most winning crews will be awarded bonus prize of a slab of beer. Bar will be open until late and there will be a BBQ running.

• Please submit your entries on-line here: http://goo.gl/forms/JFwbEOMtBa <http://goo.gl/forms/JFwbEOMtBa>

• Payments of £48 per crew can be made via on-line bank transfer to: account 10228613; sort 20-17-35 using your club name as a reference.

A couple of years ago, as an experiment, we changed the way we organised your entries into races to make the event smoother and minimise delays. This worked well so we'd like to keep the same format in 2016.

We will rank crews in order of their standing at the end of the last May Bumps and pick out groups of 8 crews to form divisions. This will mean you'll be racing crews that are likely in the same Mays division as you, but there is a chance you could be racing a crew in a division higher or lower at some point.

*Last-minute scratchings or odd numbers of entries in a division may require a crew to be given a bye through to the next round. This may reduce the number of races, or could necessitate a wait while other crews race.

Please direct any enquires to regatta at cambridge99.org <mailto:regatta at cambridge99.org> and a member of the organising committee will get straight back to you.

Best wishes

Ian Farrell
- Cambridge 99 RC