[CUCBC Captains] Emmanuel Sprints Regatta - 22nd November 2015

Alice Rees ebcvice at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 10:56:14 GMT 2015

Dear Captains

Below is the marshalling and umpires rota for Uni IVs. The rota reflects the number of crews individual clubs have entered into Uni IVs. Yes, we do in fact need that many marshals and umpires. If clubs fail to provide marshals and umpires, the races will not run until people are found to fill the spaces. We don’t need people with the same experience level as is required to umpire bumps since they won’t be cycling with crews, but we do need competent individuals. They need to be able to find the meeting point, not be late, and to do the required job e.g. lining a crew up on the start, taking the start/finish time, making crews push off and row up to the start. By all means, send somebody from a different club if you have access to them, but send somebody competent!

I look forward to a good week of racing.

Best
Michael Thornton
CUCBC Honorary Secretary 2015-2016
Monday –Railway Bridge 1345