[CUCBC Captains] Saturday Results and Notes & Fines
tom at cucbc.org
Sun Jun 16 20:57:15 BST 2013
Thanks to all crews for a good start to the week. We had a number of
re-rows but managed to get back on time at the end with your help.
The results <http://www.cucbc.org/mays> from today are now available on the
*Notes from the Umpires*
- After a number of dangerous incidents today, please be aware that any
crew that rows into a stationary boat will be disqualified from racing for
the rest of the week. This is incredibly dangerous and could easily lead to
someone getting seriously hurt.
- When you bump out, you must clear the river as quickly as possible. Do
not celebrate before clearing and get straight into the bank as the rest of
the division will be coming up at speed behind you!
- Bank parties are strictly limited to 4 cyclists. This includes the
boatman, coaches and any VIPs. Excessive bank parties are extremely
dangerous, can obstruct the umpires and will therefore be heavily penalised.
- The bank party limit also includes runners or other people who join
your crew later on down the course. Please tell all your college members
that unless they are part of the allotted bank party they are not allowed
to follow a crew.
- Also be aware that the towpath is used by people commuting in the
evenings and all cyclists should be careful of members of the public and
not obstruct other cyclists or pedestrians.
To appeal any fine please email Dan Wilkins (dan at cucbc.org), CUCBC Senior
Treasurer, within 48 hours of this email.
- Caius M4 - Dangerous coxing, hitting a stationary crew - £50
- Caius M2 - Failure to clear - £30
- Christ's W1 - Excessive bank party - £30
- Churchill W2 - Late to hold it up - Warning
- Clare W4 - Dropped bung, no advantage - £15
- Clare W3 - Dangerous coxing, hitting a stationary crew - £75
- Clare M3 - Slow to clear - Warning
- Downing M4 - No lifejacket - £50
- Downing W2 - Stopped rowing after being bumped - Warning
- Emmanuel M4 - Dropped bung, no advantage - £15
- First and Third M2 - Excessive bank party - £30
- Hughes Hall M1 - Excessive bank party - £30
- Jesus M4 - Early celebration - £20
- LMBC M4 - Dropped bung, no advantage - £15
- Magdalene M4 - Dangerous coxing, hitting a statioanry crew - £50
- Pembroke M1 - Excessive bank party - £30
- Selwyn M4 - Urinating in direct view on the towpath - £80
- Selwyn W2 - Stopped rowing after being bumped - Warning
- Sidney Sussex W2 - Dangerous failure to clear - £50
- St Edmund's M1 - Failure to hold it up - £25
- St Edmund's M1 - Excessive bank party - £30
- Wolfson W1 - Failure to hold it up on bumping - £20
- Anglia Ruskin - Failure to provide marshal - £15
- Jesus - Failure to provide marshal - £15
- St Edmund's - Failure to provide marshal - £15
- Murray Edwards W3 - Mid race breather - Bring a picnic for tomorrow
- Girton M2 - Expertly executed log clearing spinning while marshalling
- Half of the offending article as a trophy
- Christ's M2 - Displaying their raw strength in dragging the log onto
the bank - The other half of the offending article as a trophy
CUCBC Honorary Secretary
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Captains