[CUCBC Captains] Events on the River Cam this weekend, 17/18 November 2012

Philippa Noon river.manager at camconservators.org.uk
Thu Nov 15 19:39:19 GMT 2012

Dear Captains,

As CNR approaches and your novices get practising racing starts under the
keen guidance of their LBCs I'm sure you're equally concerned about the
senior boats getting some work done on the Saturday. Fortunately, we are
continuing last year's practice and providing row-throughs. We will be
allowing up to 4 boats to row downstream with each division by prior
arrangement. Any boats coming back upstream will have to wait for the end
of the current division before following the last race up. To arrange a row-
through:

1) Decide approximately what time during the regatta (14:00 to 16:00
Thursday and Friday, 07:30 to 16:30 Saturday) you want to pass Chesterton
2) Email me at this address telling me your college, what boat will be
rowing-through and the time
3) I will allocate the slots for each division on a first come, first
served basis
4) Once the timetable for racing is finalised (expected to be a week before
the Regatta) I will email all concerned to confirm the exact time of the row
-through

I have already had several requests so don't delay. Please stick to the
timings we agree and follow the marshal's instructions. If you are more
than 10 minutes late or have not arranged a row-through we will try to fit
you in but reserve the right to refuse you passage.

Kind regards,

Jordan Ward-Williams
CNR Senior Umpire