[CUCBC Captains] River Closed to College Crews Sunday 4th November

Holly Hedgeland holly at cucbc.org
Fri Nov 2 12:58:15 GMT 2012

Dear all,

CFPAS have registered serious complaints with the Conservancy
following disruption to last week's fishing match. As warned last
week, I'm afraid there is no option but to close the river to college
crews on Sunday. The closure will be all day.

I send my sincere apologies for the short-notice of the this closure
but I have only just been contacted about this matter; particular
apologies to those of you who have arranged external or alumni coaches
for Sunday afternoon. I'm afraid the behaviour of some of those out
last week on the river, and on the towpath, was completely
innapropriate, with swearing at anglers reported as well as a lack of
consideration of the event in progress, hence we are obliged to resort
to the closure this weekend.

With best wishes,
Holly

--
Dr Holly Hedgeland
Cambridge University Combined Boat Clubs