[CUCBC Captains] Insurance information etc.

Mark Jacobs mark at cucbc.org
Sat Sep 17 15:46:22 BST 2011

Dear Captains,

Firstly, allow me to introduce myself as the new CUCBC Water Safety
Officer. I served for two years as CULRC Hon. Sec. in 2006-08, and have
since remained active both as a coach and as a bumps umpire.

At the start of each academic year, CUCBC carries out a check that all
clubs hold appropriate insurance, and that details have been provided on
the CUCBC website. Currently there are only a handful of clubs which
show valid insurance policies in place. Please make sure that you have
provided details before the start of term, or your club will not be
permitted to boat until I have evidence of a policy.

In addition, note that in the Safety section of the CUCBC Handbook,
point 4 gives a list of information which must be submitted by your
club's Safety Officer by the end of Week 4. Please make sure that CUCBC
has up-to-date contact details for your Safety Officers, and that the
required statements are submitted on time. Details of the required
information can be found at http://www.cucbc.org/handbook/safety -
please let me know if you need any help.

Regards,

Mark Jacobs
CUCBC Safety Officer