[CUCBC Captains] Robinson Head - Friday 11th February

Michael Curtis mc636 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 26 01:53:52 GMT 2011

TO:        CAPTAINS - in the First Division, Lents (Men and Women)

FROM:  Chairman CUCBC

RE:         HENLEY BOAT RACES
               Sunday 27th March 2011

               OXFORD v CAMBRIDGE

               INTERCOLLEGIATE RACES (2)

As I mentioned at the Captains' Meeting the other day, the Henley Boat Races
Organising Committee (HBROC) have now confirmed that they would like to
invite I x Mens' and 1 x Womens'  College crew from each University to race
over a course to be run downstream from the Stakeboats (just below Leander
Club) but finishing just above Remenham Farm, by the small slipway on the
bank in the meadow (which HWR use as their boat park) - a distance of about
1350 metres. No official times to be taken.

You have agreed that we should use the same system as last year for
selecting our two crews - namely inviting from the top of the First Lent
Divisions downwards. (Both Cambridge College crews won lost year).

First, I need to know if any Club in the First Division (both M &W)
definitely would NOT wish to race on that day, if invited. This precaution
will save delay in confirming our two crews (not least the Race Programme
has to be printed), especially as time is quite short between the end of the
Lent Bumps on 5th March and the races on 27th March.

I will send out the INVITATION TO RACE immediately after the Lent Bumps are
over and the results are known.

(It might be prudent if we have have a reserve crew up our sleeve, just in
case, but NOT with a view to having a Reserves race).

These two College races are to be listed first in the Order of Racing but
the Umpire reserves the right to alter this if racing conditions deteriorate
to the point where the Umpire decides to bring on the Blue Boat races first,
as happened recently.

You will need an Environment Agency Day Licence for the River Thames.

So, if you cannot race on 27th March or do not wish to be invited to race,
PLEASE LET ME KNOW NOW.

Many thanks.

Richard Hamersley
Chairman