[CUCBC Captains] Incident on the navigation, 26th November 2010

Philippa Noon river.manager at camconservators.org.uk
Tue Feb 15 14:41:53 GMT 2011

Dear captains,

I'm writing to you with an odd suggestion - bear with me, you might be
keen!

February 14th-25th is sexual health awareness fortnight and as well as
trained 'sexperts' being in clubs and on lecture sites, we're encouraging
people to take advantage of the NHS chlamydia testing scheme.

For the duration of the fortnight the chlamydia team are happy to come down
to boatclubs early in the morning, or whenever you have training, with
their kit (pee in a pot for guys, and girls have to do a swab) and ***
LOADS OF FREE STUFF ***. They have great freebies like sperm key rings, lip
balm, glow sticks, you name it. Plus all this month if you do a test you
get a **free cinema ticket***. Chlamydia is the commonest sexually
transmitted infection, but it's often symptomless and if untreated can make
you infertile!

If you think that this is something that your boat would be happy doing -
(you can use the usual peer pressure that gets people out of bed at 7am!)
either email me if you've got any further questions or email the guy that
organises it directly at ***darren.flood at nhs.net**** with your training
times between 14-25th feb. Give him a few different days to choose from and
they should fit you in. Happy rowing!

Best wishes,

Faye
CUSU HIV and Sexual Health Officer,