[CUCBC Captains] BR Annual Safety Audits

Mark Jacobs mark at cucbc.org
Sat Dec 31 10:57:18 GMT 2011

Please see message below about filming for the BBC series. Replies to jonathan.rowlands at walltowall.co.uk.

--
Dan Wilkins
CUCBC Hononary Secretary

E-mail: dan at cucbc.org
Mobile: 07817 657717
www.cucbc.org

-----Original Message-----
From: jonathan.rowlands at walltowall.co.uk
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 20:26:36
To: <committee at cucbc.org>
Subject: [CUCBC Exec Committee] BBC1 filming 'Who Do You Think You Are' Saturday 7th January

Jonathan Rowlands sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.cucbc.org/contact.

Hi,

I'm writing from the BBC history series 'Who Do You Think You Are'. The
series helps well-known celebrities trace their family history and aims to
put that family history into its social context. I hope you may be able to
help with our filming.

We're filming a sequence at St John's in January and will be filming on the
Cam by the Lady Margaret Boat Club on Saturday 7th January. One of the
ancestors we're looking at rowed during his time at Cambridge, so we'd like
to get some shots of boat(s) going past on the river. I'm aware this is
before the beginning of term so it's unlikely there'll be many student crews
on the river, but would you be able to contact any rowers who will be in
Cambridge on the Saturday and ask if they would be able to help us out? An
eight would be wonderful, but if we could get together a four that would be
great. It would be for half an hour/ an hour from 3pm on Saturday 7th
January. Beer money can be provided for anyone who can help!

Many thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan Rowlands - Researcher - BBC1 - 'Who Do You Think You Are'
0207 241 9227
jonathan.rowlands at walltowall.co.uk