[CUCBC Captains] CUWBC: do you have what it takes?

Anne Hempel cuwbc at cucbc.org
Mon Nov 15 22:51:37 GMT 2010

Hi everyone,

on Saturday 4th December UEA Boat Club will be holding an indoor rowing
competition in Norwich. Details and entry forms are attached.

The event will form a part of the BUCS indoor rowing event which
previously has relied on entrants attending the BIRC in Birmingham.
However this year BUCS has decided to run the event regionally over a 2
week period, and UEA is the centre for the Eastern region. The BUCS event
will be an individual competition over 2000m, times will be collated
nationally from all centres and winners and point allocation announced
thereafter. However we will also have prizes for the winners on the day,
including prizes for the fastest 2k times from novice rowers - so bring
your promising freshers as well as your top boat powerhouse!

In order to add an element of fun we are also going to be running a team
event which will be similar in format to Queens Ergs, so if you enjoyed
that, missed out or would like another go at a team relay with some
unknown competition then please come along. We're going to organise some
sort of social event for after the erging for those who are able and
inclined to hang around to investigate the delights of Norwich.

We really hope to see some of you here for the event. Please don't
hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions

Kat Powell
UEABC Women's Captain