[CUCBC Captains] Umpiring Mays / Getting-on Race

Julian Granger-Bevan julian at cucbc.org
Wed May 19 14:55:10 BST 2010

Dear All,

CUWBC are looking for rowers and coxes to take part in their four week
development program at the start of the Summer. We are interested in
potential openweights or lightweights who can row, enjoy it and are
keen to improve. There will be a meeting for all interested rowers and
coxes on Monday 24th May at 5pm, finished well before women's hour,
location to be confirmed.

The programme will be four weeks long from the 21st June to the 19th
July. Sessions are compatible with jobs and PhDs as we train on the
Cam in the early morning and the evening. We will be entering Kingston
and Molesey regattas in the last two weeks. You'll gain valuable
technical knowledge, physiological fitness and racing experience and
have great fun training in the sunshine.

Primarily we are looking for people that can make the whole four
weeks, but there is some flexibility for talented athletes who intend
to trial next year and can only make part of the time. Dev squad puts
you in an excellent position to trial with us in September, but it is
not essential so please do let us know if you are busy over the summer
but do intend to begin rowing with us next year.

If you are interested please fill out the online application form
here: http://www.cuwbc.org/devsquadapp.php and if you have any further
questions please email president at cuwbc.org. We will confirm places on
development squad by the beginning of bumps week at the latest.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Lizzie Polgreen, President CUWBC
Rob Milner, Development Squad Head Coach.