[CUCBC Captains] Getting on Race

Julian Granger-Bevan julian at cucbc.org
Thu Jun 3 22:02:36 BST 2010

Dear Captains,

The Getting-on Race is tomorrow afternoon. A reminder of the key points:

- River closure for non-racing crews from 1630 until 1845.
- Row-throughs allowed, but please let me know to expect you.
- Combined men/women's hour after racing until 2000.

For competing crews:

- Please recheck the start orders at http://www.cucbc.org/mays/gor.
- Division 1 crews should marshal at Baitsbite, pulled into the bank
in order facing upstream (ready to push out and race).
- Division 2 crews should marshal at Chesterton. Please try to be
roughly in order - with the top of the division (mens crews) nearer to
the Railway Bridge. The aim is then that crews row down in race order,
spinning in turn near Baitsbite and rowing back up in order towards
the start.
- Crews that are late will be disqualified.

- The course is from the Little Bridge to the finishing post 78 yards
downstream of the Railway Bridge. The Little Bridge is marked by a
post - please ask the marshals if you are not sure which post this is.
- Crews should do a rolling start before the line. Timing starts on the line.

- Standard rules apply. For example there will be crews rowing in the
opposite direction for crews rowing to the start of division 2, so
stick on the correct navigational side.
- Also crews need to remember the basics such as lifejackets.

I would suggest that captains forward this email to the bank parties
so that they know the basic information and can guide any
inexperienced crews.

Thanks,

Julian