[CUCBC Captains] The Fairbairn Cup 2009

Luke Sperrin jcbc-fairbairns at jesus.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 18 13:36:30 GMT 2009

Dear Coxes and Captains,

There are extreme winds on the cam at the moment, and forecast for tomorrow
as well.  If your crew is permitted to boat under the current flag colour,
then please remember that it is each crew's decision whether or not that
crew should be on the water.  The flag colours are rough guidelines which
generalise the standard of crews, but each crew individually knows best
whether an outing in those conditions would be productive.  Please take this
into account when deciding whether or not it is appropriate to boat.  Only
very experienced coxes should boat in this kind of wind (excess of 50 mph at
times).  It is worth asking yourself whether an outing in this kind of wind
(highly likely to be less productive) is worth the potential risk it poses
to your crew and equipment.

Coxes, please bear in mind that the final decision to boat lies with you.
If you do not feel confident that you can steer a boat in these conditions,
then the outing should not go ahead.

Derek O'Brien
CUWBC Secretary
CUCBC Secretary
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.cucbc.org/pipermail/captains_lists.cucbc.org/attachments/20091118/53ef88a9/attachment-0003.html>

More information about the Captains mailing list