[CUCBC Captains] River closures

Thomas Walton cuwbc at cucbc.org
Sun Feb 15 00:06:35 GMT 2009

Dear College Boat Club Captains,

I would be extremely grateful if you could be forward this email to your
college rowers.

On Sunday the 29th March there is an unique opportunity to watch
Cambridge take on Oxford on two fronts.

As I am sure many of you are aware at 3.40pm that afternoon Cambridge
take on Oxford in The Boat Race. As well as this, at 11.30am Cambridge
face Oxford in the Varsity Football match. As it did 2 years ago, the
game is taking place at Craven Cottage, Fulham. The ground is on the
banks of the Thames and overlooks the straight of the first quarter mile
of The Boat Race.

CUAFC are offering you the opportunity to watch the football match and
then the boat race from the terrace at the football ground. The terrace
offers an excellent view of this section of the race and big screens
will show the rest of the race. Drinks and entertainment will also be
provided.

Tickets are on sale now and cost £12 each (includes the football match
and exclusive access to the terrace for The Boat Race). Early purchase
is essential as there are only a limited number of tickets for this
option and you will not be able to buy them on the day.

For more information or to book tickets please email James Rutt (jmr81)

Best regards,

James Rutt