[CUCBC Captains] Coxes Lists

Mark Stringer coxing at cucbc.org
Fri Feb 6 12:28:38 GMT 2009

Dear all,

>From various reports I have received, traffic this morning was
extremely high and unsustainably so.  There was also a lot of poor
behaviour at the spinning and crossing points.  If this continues, the
committee will have no choice but to bring in the "two-boat rule".  In
the meantime, the situation will be reviewed daily, and the rule may
be brought in with no more than 48 hours' notice.  I urge you all to
avoid the early-morning period and to remember basic traffic rules:

- give way to upstream crews at all times, especially at the crossing points
- spin between the posts at Ditton or after the corner before Baitsbite
- don't overtake a queue
- don't sit obstructing the river for coaching
- only overtake if it is safe to do so (and clear ahead)

Infringements of these rules may be fined.

Regards,

Thomas
CUCBC Secretary