[CUCBC Captains] Results from Small Boats day one

Thomas Walton cuwbc at cucbc.org
Mon Apr 20 15:39:35 BST 2009

Dear All,

Have you ever thought about rowing seriously?  Are you tall and strong?

The GB rowing talent identification programme World Class Start is holding
a testing session in Cambridge, at Homerton College, on Wednesday 29th
April 1-3pm. Please see attached poster for more information.

This is an amazing opportunity and I would encourage as many of you as
possible to attend. Tests will not take long, they consist of a maximum
strength arm/legs test on the concept 2 dyno, and a static bike test. We
will also measure (height/armspan/weight) all athletes. The tests measure
raw potential so no rowing experience is required.

Please spread the word though your college and boat club. This is not only
for rowers, it could also help encourage non-rowers to take up college
rowing next term, if they do well in the tests.

For those of you worried about CUBC Henley 2k trials, 6pm that evening I
believe, it will still be valuable for you to turn up and get measured and
do the dyno tests. If necessary, the bike test can be done at a later
stage.

Feel free to distribute the poster around your college, and get in contact
with me if you'd like any further information.

Sincerely,

Erica Bodman
Cambridge World Class Start,
Homerton College