[CUCBC Captains] CUCBC Michaelmas Bills

CUCBC Senior Treasurer seniortreasurer at cucbc.org
Wed Nov 25 15:12:32 GMT 2009

Dear All,

Final few points, please please read them all:

We've set up a twitter feed so we can update it tomorrow, especially
about possible cancellations due to weather.  Look at
twitter.com/emmasprints09
The forecast is looking very windy in which case we may have to call off
the regatta, so check the feed before boating.  Also please ensure that
everyone is dressed appropriately (both warmly and fancily).

Please make sure the coxes especially are aware of how to cope with the
wind, and that everyone is careful when marshalling and spinning.  At
all times listen to the marshalls.  Especially at the starts, it is the
marshalls (not the coxes or bankparties) who are in charge of directing
crews, lining them up, and starting them as quickly as possible.

Also please be especially careful when spinning to race back in plough
reach.  Please do nothing to offend RUMBLE and take a lot of care when
spinning and rowing nearby.  Be polite and don't rise to any bait.

Above all, remember the spirit of the event is FUN.  Don't blow small
things out of proportion.  All the marshalls will be under a lot of
pressure to be as fair as possible and to get through a lot of races in
not very much time.  Please be as helpful as possible, and don't forget
that chocolate always helps make your point more persuasive.

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow, and please be prompt for
marshalling!
Adam