[CUCBC Coxes] Saturday Results and Notes & Fines

Limeng Zhu limeng at cucbc.org
Sun Mar 12 12:56:40 GMT 2023

Dear all,

The results of Saturday's racing are available here: https://cucbc.org/lents

Notes from the Umpires

   - Following a thorough assessment of the river level and stream, we made
   the difficult decision to cancel M4/W4, M3 and W3 divisions today due to
   safety, our thanks to all for understanding and bearing with our
   decision-making process.
   - Our thanks for an otherwise successful running of Bumps, despite the
   poor conditions; especially to all the volunteers who have given their time
   to umpiring and marshalling. We look forward to May Bumps 2023, and some
   nicer weather.

Fines

   - Caius M2 - Excessive bankparty (first offence) - £30
   - Caius M2 - Excessive bankparty (second offence) - £45
   - Caius M2 - Excessive bankparty (third offence) - £60
   - Downing M1 - Failure to row on upon being bumped - £30
   - Downing W1 - Failure to row on upon being bumped - £30
   - Emmanuel W1 - Dropped bung, negligible advantage - £20
   - Emmanuel W2 - Excessive bank party (first offence) - £30
   - Emmanuel W2 - Excessive bank party (second offence) - £45
   - Fitzwilliam W1 - Excessive bankparty - £30
   - Girton - Failure to provide a marshal - £15
   - Girton - Marshal late to Control - £5
   - Jesus W2 - Late to marshalling - £15
   - King's M1 - Excessive bankparty (first offence) - £30
   - King's M1 - Excessive bankparty (second offence) - £45
   - Lady Margaret W2 - Incompetent clearing - £30
   - Lady Margaret M2 - Not understanding what a headship row is - Dress up
   as M1 next Lents
   - Lucy Cavendish W1 - Foul language from bank party - £30
   - Magdalene M1 - Foul language £30
   - Magdalene M1 - Failure to clear - £30
   - Pembroke M1 - Late to marshalling - £15
   - Pembroke M1 - Ignoring Marshal's instructions - £20
   - Peterhouse W1 - Dangerous failure to hold it up upon bumping - £50
   - Robinson M1 - Ignoring Umpire's instructions - £20
   - Selwyn W1 - Foul language - £30
   - St. Catharine's W1 - Dropped bung, no advantage - £15
   - St. Catharine's - Failure to provide a marshal - £15
   - St. Catharine's M1- Late concession - £20

Fines can be appealed by emailing Dr Dan Wilkins, CUCBC Senior Treasurer (
seniortreasurer at cucbc.org) within 48 hours of this email being sent.

Best wishes,
Lee

Limeng Zhu
CUCBC Executive Committee
On Behalf of Cambridge University Combined Boat Clubs