[CUCBC Coxes] Racing today

PETER CONVEY peter.convey at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 2 09:56:07 GMT 2018

Dear all

Initial inspection this morning confirms that the river is not frozen, however wind and temperature conditions at present are very similar to yesterday's, therefore the risks of serious problems arising following any obstruction during racing remain. The wind is forecast to drop gradually from early afternoon. At this stage, therefore, we are CANCELLING W3/M3 for today, but at present will delay a decision on W2/M2 and W1/M1 until as late as we can following further inspection late morning/lunchtime. We will announce the decision on whether these divisions will run by 1300 AT THE LATEST. Should any racing go ahead, please be aware that bank parties will be limited to a maximum of 2, preferably 1, cyclists (any others who get to the start may only cycle back on the towpath AFTER the divsion has raced). We would also emphasise that racing crews and coxes should remind themselves very carefully about the safety aspects of bumping itself, and in the circumstances be prepared to use common sense to acknowledge inevitable bumps as early as possible, to help with subsequent river clearing.
Should racing of these divisions go ahead, W2 will start at 1440, and the remaining divisions every 40 mins thereafter. Please can all crews be sure to marshall well on time (not least this will allow us to start each division as soon as we can when we have you all on the start, rather than havig to wait for sometimes several minutes with the higher divisions). Please also remember and apply the general advice about bringing and wearing when necessary dry warm clothing, hats, gloves.
Thanks, and sorry for the frustration all this must be causing.
(on behalf of Chief Umpires and CUCBC Committees)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.cucbc.org/pipermail/coxes_lists.cucbc.org/attachments/20180302/1a1f7a30/attachment.html>

More information about the Coxes mailing list