[CUCBC Coxes] Fairbairn Cup 2015 - Provisional Start Order, and additional notes

B. Gallant, Fairbairn Cup Secretary 2015 jcbc-fairbairns at jesus.cam.ac.uk
Sun Nov 29 16:13:58 GMT 2015

Dear all,

START ORDER:
Due to a general wish to give you all more time to peruse this and
ensure everything is as you would want it (I've had a lot of requests,
almost all of which I was happy to accommodate, but I'm sure I will have
forgotten one or two so please check - Sorry in advance!) I've put
together a provisional start order a couple of days earlier than I
promised. It can be found here:

http://jcbc.jesus.cam.ac.uk/old/fairbairns/start_order.php

As already mentioned, please please have a good look over this and check
that all your crews are where you expected. If you let me know over the
next couple of days I've made a silly mistake I'll happily change it. If
you let me know on the morning of the regatta I won't, sorry.

PAYMENTS:
As this list is published before I originally promised, I have
generously included on it one or two crews who I've still to receive
payment from... You probably know who you are and there's probably a
good reason why you haven't paid, but I haven't heard it, so please
either pay immediately or let me know why immediately, thank you.

PRE-PADDLING:
Now, this has become something of a contentious issue... I have told
several people who have contacted me that they may not pre-paddle on the
morning of either day of the regatta (not even seniors on novice day),
as this is clearly set out in the rules and regs. However. After an
animated discussion with my own men's captain this morning, I have
decided to partially waive this rule for this year only. To be clear:

***Having short outings (pre-paddles) the morning of the regatta day
upon which you are due to race (i.e. no seniors on novice day, please,
as the novices will be out), so long as you are back at your boathouse
by 08:30am at the latest, will now be allowed and will not lead to
disqualification. Please bear in mind, however, that both the hours of
darkness and the two boat rules are still in effect. Any crews found
downstream of the combined boathouses (Cantabs excluded) later than
08:30am will be subject to the same rules as usual.***

If anybody has any queries regarding any of this, please just let me
know! Although I'd gently request you to check on the website to see if
the information you require is on there (the 'News' section is a good
place to look!) before you contact me, please.

Best wishes,

Ben Gallant

JCBC Fairbairn Cup Secretary 2015