[CUCBC Coxes] Lent Bumps 2014 - Call for Umpires

CUCBC Events events at cucbc.org
Tue Feb 4 16:34:51 GMT 2014

**Captains please forward this message to any members of your club who may
be interested in umpiring**

Dear all,

With only a few short weeks until the start of the Lent Bumps (25th
February - 1st March), we are looking to recruit
umpires<http://www.cucbc.org/lents/umpires/signup>for this year's
racing.

Umpiring is a great way to get involved in the racing and you get the
chance to be right at the centre of the action - either by cycling along
with the crews or acting as a static umpire along the course.

As a 'thank you' for your time, all umpires will be offered a *free
dinner*(including drinks) at the Cambridge Blue pub, the week after
bumps. Those
who volunteer to umpire also count towards their college's marshal
allocation.

You don't need to have umpired before. There will be a meeting for all
umpires ahead of racing where we  explain everything and all new umpires
are paired with a 'senior' one during racing. However, we do ask that you
have rowed or coxed in at least 2 sets of bumps before so that you
understand how the races work.

Please remember that you can both compete and umpire. I suggest you leave 2
divisions clear before your race and 1 after to allow you to get to and
from the boathouses. The division times are available
here<http://www.cucbc.org/lents/times>
.

The umpires meeting is currently scheduled for Sunday 23rd February @ 17:30
in Robinson College Umney Theatre and should last about half an hour.

So, why not get involved and click here to sign
up!<http://www.cucbc.org/lents/umpires/signup>(Why not invite your
friends too?)

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at events at cucbc.org

Philip Garsed