[CUCBC Coxes] May Bumps 2013 - Call for Umpires

Tom Grimble tom at cucbc.org
Mon May 20 16:05:12 BST 2013

**Captains, please pass this email on to anyone in your clubs who may be
interested in umpiring**

Dear all

The time has once again come for CUCBC to put out the call for umpires to
come forth from near or far and keep this year's May Bumps from descending
into carnage.

Umpiring is a great way to be involved in the most exciting races of the
year and you get to be right at the centre of the action. The bumps simply
would not happen without the help of umpires.

 If you've never umpired bumps before now is your chance, we only ask you
have rowed or coxed in at least 2 sets of bumps before.

There will be a briefing for all umpires on Sunday 9th June at 17:30 in
Robinson College Umney Theatre, which will last about half an hour.

If you would like to help please sign up at the link below.

Signup to umpire HERE <http://www.cucbc.org/lents/umpires/signup>

Please remember that you can both compete and umpire. As a rule I suggest
you leave 2 divisions clear before your race and 1 after to allow you to
get to and from the boathouses. The division times are available
here<http://www.cucbc.org/mays/times>
.

If you have any questions please do get in touch with me.

As a thankyou to everyone who signs up to umpire during the week there will
be a free dinner and drinks the week after the races.

PS: If you sign up by the end of this week, your umpiring slots will count
towards your college's marshal slots!

Tom Grimble
CUCBC Honorary Secretary