[CUCBC Coxes] Cox for X.Press Boat Club

roy_cooper at talk21.com roy_cooper at talk21.com
Sat Sep 24 14:34:43 BST 2011

Dear All;

X.Press Boat Club are looking for a cox to support our 1st men's and women's
crews.  These crews are town bumps 1st division crews, with the men in 6th
position and the women not far behind.  Our premier cox is unable to
support many outings and races and our previous support here is no longer
current.  We are very happy to help with the development of a cox, providing
coaching (for the cox as well as the crew).  This can include having a go at
sculling in a double with an experienced rower to develop an appreciation of how
cox calls to the rower are taken on.  We do several off-Cam events and some of
these are quite special e.g Masters National Champs. Head of The River (Thames)
and some lovely river regattas (e.g Richmond and Sudbury).

Even if someone just wants to cox occasionally or to give us a try, do please
contact me.

Regards
Roy Cooper