[CUCBC Coxes] Fairbairn Cup Abandoned - but Tub Pair Regatta

Dan Wilkins dan at cucbc.org
Fri Dec 3 10:13:36 GMT 2010

As conditions have not substantially improved, we are forced to
abandon the Fairbairn Cup Races. We make this decision due to the
severe ice downstream of the P&E which is unlikely to improve.

The senior races will be postponed until the beginning of the Lent
Term, most likely on one day between the Monday and Wednesday before
lectures start - this will let us have a meaningful competition with
hopefully all competitors available. Full details will be confirmed
ASAP.

However, for anyone wishing to race, JCBC will be hosting a Tub Pair
Regatta this afternoon on the upstream part of the river. Anyone who
is keen to enter a crew should meet at Jesus Boathouse at 12:30 where
we will work out a draw and final details based on the number of
competitors.

Hopefully see you this afternoon!

Dan

--