[CUCBC Coxes] Bouyancy Aids

Mark Stringer coxing at cucbc.org
Sun Nov 23 17:18:11 GMT 2008

Hi Guys,

I saw a few crews out today wearing costumes over their life jackets.
Please remember that you must have a life jacket, and it must be worn on top
of everything else, even in regattas where you are encouraged to dress up
like Santa, a cow, whatever.

The other thing I wanted to bring up is the rating of buoyancy aids.  All
life jackets have a weight rating.  It is essential that you check that the
jacket you are wearing has a high enough rating to keep you afloat.  The
rating is clearly marked on a label usually on the inside of the jacket.

Life jackets must also be properly secured - If they are not fastened up
correctly then you are negating their purpose. a bit like cyclists who ride
with helmets hanging off their handle bars!

Mark

CUCBC Coxing Rep