[CUCBC Coxes] Behaviour on the River

Ian Thompson seniortreasurer at cucbc.org
Mon Jun 9 07:58:05 BST 2008

A report received concerning a member of a crew (yellow boat, new white
blades, cox and coach in University kit) standing up and urinating in the
river downstream of the Railway Bridge c4.45pm on Saturday leads me to
remind everyone of what was said yesterday.  Urinating in public is an
offence which carries an £80 fixed penalty.  In addition to that, it brings
both College rowing and the University into disrepute.  Pete and I, along
with several other members of the rowing community, are currently engaged in
dialogue with the other river users on the Cam about relationships between
us all, these conversations are not helped by people behaving in such an
offensive manner.

Remember that you/we are very much on show in the next week and we all have
a responsibility to ensure that members of the public have no grounds for
complaint about the behaviour and/or language of members of the University.
Please pass this on to all rowers, supporters and members of bank parties,
reminding them that club's will be fined heavily for foul and abusive
language or behaviour.

Ian

--
Ian Thompson